- Advised the senior lenders to SH130 Concession Company, a 41-mile toll road developed via public-private partnership with TxDOT, during a comprehensive restructuring.
- Served as financial advisor to the secured lenders of South Bay Expressway and guided them through a comprehensive restructuring. Responsibilities included detailed financial forecasting, debt capacity analysis, valuation analysis, and negotiation with equity sponsors for the transfer of ownership to the secured lenders.
- Served as advisor to the Steering Committee of the lender Group to the Indiana Toll Road (“ITR”), a 157-mile P3 toll road, to explore potential restructuring alternatives with ITR’s equity sponsors.
- Represented Private Insurance Provider, the surety bond provider to Modern Continental, a heavy-construction contractor on the Central Artery/Tunnel Project (the “Big Dig”) in Boston, MA.
- Served as the Chairman of the Board of South Bay Expressway, a 11-mile private toll road in Southern California.
M&A/Capital Markets & Due Diligence
- Secured DIP financing and coordinated with a new money lender to syndicate a $260 million investment-grade facility to fund SH-130’s exit from bankruptcy and required road remediation efforts.
- Negotiated the sale of South Bay Expressway to a third party at a premium to the project value as determined at the emergence from chapter 11.