- Served as financial and operational advisor to Pyxus International, Inc., an international processor of tobacco, legal cannabis, e-liquids and agricultural products. RPA developed cash flow models, assisted in streamlining operations, managed the overall restructuring and successfully implemented a plan of reorganization.
- Served as a financial advisor to the secured lenders of Transmar Commodity Group, a company engaged in international cocoa trading. Responsibilities included reviewing short-term cash flow and key operating documents, performing numerous forensic accounting analyses and providing ongoing litigation support to lender counsel.
- Served as financial advisor to the secured lender of a seafood processing and packaging company with multiple processing locations and warehouses.
- Served as a financial advisor to the senior lenders of a sugar trading, distributing and refining company as a financial advisor. Responsibilities included reviewing short-term cash flow, performing borrowing base analyses, and assessing the risk profile of the company’s trading practice.
M&A/Capital Markets & Due Diligence
- Negotiated debtor in possession and exit financing for Pyxus International, Inc.
- Represented the unsecured creditors committee to BNF Operations LLC, a plant grower for big-box retailers. RPA analyzed the company’s operations and liquidity forecast and assessed potential M&A transactions. The company was subsequently sold through a 363 sale.
- Served as a financial advisor to the lenders of Darling Ingredients, the largest privately held rendering company in the U.S. RPA assisted the company in adopting an intense cost saving program which included the sale of underperforming plants and advising on an out-of-court debt for equity conversion.