- Advised the senior secured and DIP lenders to Chesapeake Energy in restructuring $9.2 billion in funded debt which resulted in a par recovery for the RBL claims.
- Advised the secured lenders to Escalera Resources, a public Exploration & Production (“E&P”) company with operations in Carbon County, WY, during its chapter 11 reorganization.
- Represented the senior lenders during the chapter 11 bankruptcy of Sem Group, a midstream supplier and trader of oil and gas/other petroleum commodities in the U.S., Canada, Mexico, and Europe.
- Assessed the strategic alternatives of the senior secured lenders to an undisclosed Offshore E&P company with total debt outstanding in excess of $4 billion as part of an out-of-court restructuring.
- Advised the secured lenders of Vanguard Natural Resources, a US onshore E&P company, on strategic alternatives and led restructuring negotiations with junior creditors resulting in the transfer of ownership to senior secured lenders.
- Served on the Board of Directors of Grizzly Energy, previously known as Vanguard Natural Resources, and reviewed management’s annual budget, evaluated on-going performance of the business and evaluated proposals for the sale of the company/ assets and other alternatives.
- Served as Chairman of the Board of Director of Bruin E&P following its chapter 11 reorganization and assessed management’s annual budget and implemented compensation and long-term incentive plan for the board of directors.
- Served on the Board of Directors of Tuscany, an international oil field services business upon its emergence from chapter 11.
- Served on the Board of Directors for an E&P operator with producing assets in the Permian region.
M&A/Capital Markets & Due Diligence
- Advised the secured lenders of Bruin E&P and led purchase and sale agreement negotiations on behalf of the company resulting in a successful sale of all assets to a strategic competitor.
- Advised the senior lenders to Templar Energy LLC, an independent E&P company with assets in the Western Anadarko basin and various locations in Oklahoma during its chapter 11 bankruptcy and §363 sale.
- Advised the senior lenders to Alta Mesa Holdings, a publicly traded E&P company with a midstream affiliate located in the Oklahoma STACK during its chapter 11 bankruptcy and §363 sale.
- Represented the senior lenders to Azure Midstream Partners, a midstream energy company offering natural gas gathering & processing and crude oil logistics services, during its chapter 11 bankruptcy and §363 sale.