- Served as financial advisor to the senior secured lenders of Allied Nevada Gold Corp, which owned a heap leach gold mine, through the chapter 11 bankruptcy process due to a liquidity crisis stemming from high production costs and weak gold recovery.
- Served as financial advisor to the senior secured lenders of a precious metals refinery, in assessing restructuring alternatives and monitoring collateral as part of a chapter 11 restructuring.
- Served as financial advisor to the senior secured lenders to Midway Gold Corp, which owned a heap leach gold mine and several development projects in Nevada, on Chapter 11 plan of reorganization negotiations and strategic alternatives amidst a liquidity crisis, which resulted from construction delays and cost overruns.
- Advised the senior secured lenders with $900 million of exposure to a $1.8 billion mid-construction copper mine project located in Mexico that experienced significant construction delays and cost overruns.
- Advised the senior secured lenders to a Canadian mining company with gold, silver and copper mines located in Brazil, Mexico and Honduras and performed in-depth near-term liquidity analysis and identified several cash conservation initiatives that management implemented, thereby persevering the value of the clients’ collateral.
- Served as financial advisor to the secured lenders to a private fracking and industrial sand mining company and executed an out-of-court forbearance agreement with a material loan pay down and ultimate third-party refinancing resulting in a par recovery to the lenders.
- Advised the senior secured lenders to a Canadian gold mining company with mines in Brazil to reduce exposure through forbearance negotiations and ultimate refinancing that resulted in a par recovery.
- Advised the senior lenders to a thermal and metallurgical coal mining company, with operations in West Virginia and Kentucky. Responsibilities included critically challenging and evaluating the company business plan as well as analyzing short-term and long-term cash flow forecasts in connection with providing DIP financing.