- Served as financial advisor and independent board representative for Coso Operating Company LLC, a 140 MW geothermal power plant.
- Served as advisor to the Special Committee to the Board of Directors of Gradient Resources, a geothermal power plant.
- Advised the lenders to a non-public ethanol producer on various restructuring alternatives resulting in an out-of-court restructuring of the project loans via an equity infusion from the existing owners.
- Advised the secured lenders to ethanol producer, Hawkeye Renewables, through emergence from chapter 11 and the transfer of ownership to the prepetition lenders.
- Acted as CRO and CEO of Solar Trust of America, a solar power facility developer, during bankruptcy proceedings and through the ultimate sale of the Company’s assets.
- Served as Chairman of the Board for Pacific Ethanol and as a member of the Board of Directors of White Energy, Aventine Renewable Energy, VersaSun Energy and Riverland Biofuels.
- Held the interim CEO position at Panda Hereford Ethanol.
- Acted as CRO of German Pellets Louisiana and German Pellets Texas, producers and distributors of wood pellets.
M&A/Capital Markets & Due Diligence
- Led a highly competitive M&A process that resulted in the sale of Southwest Georgia Ethanol’s 110 million gallon/year plant to a non-public refining and manufacturing company.
- Acted as M&A advisor to Aventine Renewable Energy Holdings and coordinated a successful merger with Pacific Ethanol creating the 6th largest ethanol producer at 515 million gallons/year.